Who is responsible for processing your personal data
The Flower Hall Ltd is the Data Controller, who is responsible for how your personal data is collected, stored and processed. Our website address is: https://www.theflowerhall.co.uk.
Why are we allowed to collect and use your information
There are different legal bases which we rely on that allow us to collect and use your information. We can collect your information when one of the following applies:
- You have specifically opted in to allowing us to collect and use your information (consent). For example, we will need your consent when filling in enquiry forms (e.g. the wedding enquiry form on our website) to enable us to collect and use your personal information to respond to the enquiry.
When collecting you personal data, we will always make it is clear to you which data is necessary in connection to a particular service.
- We need to use your information to meet our contractual obligations to you. This will apply when:
- You are making a purchase from us and provide your payment details.
- You provide contact and address details to enable us to arrange delivery of your order(s).
- We need to use your information to comply with a law which we are subject to. Where the law tells us that we need to use and provide certain information, we are allowed to do so, so long as we only use if for that purpose.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you purchase something from us, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal data you give us such as your name, address and email address. We collect this information so that we can fulfil your order so we can meet our contractual obligations to you.
When you provide information to us by filling in an enquiry form, for example as found on our weddings page, we will only use the information for the purpose of dealing with the enquiry. You will be asked to provide consent before submitting an enquiry, to indicate that you agree to our use of the personal data you provide.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics tracking on the website. IP addresses are anonymised, and user-ID tracking is not enabled.
Who we share your data with
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law.
We do not share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
How long we retain your data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
For example: when you place an order we’ll keep the personal data you provide us for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year the order relates to, so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, have placed an order, or have left comments, you can:
- Request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- Request to correct your personal data, when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To make these requests, free of charge, please use the contact information below.
In cases where you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind and withdraw that consent.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We secure access to all areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The Flower Hall Ltd
45 Ryburn Road